Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TRAC Alum News - Alfonso Wong Completes Project for Daniel Obst Advertising

We recently received an inquiry from Michael Krewitsky at Professional Sound and Music, who was looking for a qualified and polite Pro Tools user / student to help him with a request from a client. Daniel Obst Advertising wanted to create a continuous-play reel of their most popular advertising jingles to be featured on their website. Alfonso Wong, having demonstrated his skill and professionalism on several other off-site projects, was a natural choice for the job. Here's what he had to say about it:

The agency had all of the sessions built in Digital Performer; I bounced them into Pro Tools multiple mono so there were 2 tracks, left and right. We used the workspace to audition all the tracks he wanted to use and then we dragged them into the regions list of a new session. I wrote down the names of all of the songs and gave Dan a copy so he could think about the order he wanted them in. I later transferred all of his sessions to my hard drive so I could work on them at home. The next time we met I had arranged the songs and done edits on them, and he had some additional editing and ordering requests. I cross-faded the end of some jingles so that they would start on the first beat of the next jingle, and then Audiosuite-ed the levels of all the jingles so they would all be at the same level. I used two stereo tracks because he had some jingles that faded in while others faded out. Then I made a master fader track, added a brickwall limiter and dither to it, bounced out the reel and converted it into a .wav and an mp3. I then transferred the session that I had created on my hard drive over to Dan's hard drive so he could have all of the edits and everything in the region list just in case he wanted to switch things around. We ended up with a 5-minute reel, which Dan seemed pleased with.

And here's what the client had to say about Alfonso:

Delightful, professional, blazing fast, exceeded expectations...Alfonso is a contributor, not just a button pusher.

Congrats, 'Fonz! We're proud of you! Keep up the great work!

Listen to the reel here.

No comments: